Sunday, March 9, 2014

She's Got a Way About Her...

Dear Mom,

   Two days ago we celebrated your birthday. 

   If someone were to ask me who my role model is, I would say that it is you. You are the most patient, loving woman I know. You love tenderly, and yet you are a woman of strength. 

   Having gone through a pregnancy and now caring for two little boys, I am more grateful for you today than I have ever been in my life. I have a small understanding now of how unselfish your love for me and all eight of my brothers and sisters is. 

   Thank you for giving me such wise advice over the years and praying for me in the times that I didn't ask for it and made poor decisions. Thank you for showing me what being a good wife and a good mother looks like. Thank you for all the times you cooked me dinner, washed my laundry, and told me that you love me. And thank you for doing all this and more without receiving much gratitude or praise. 

You are an amazing woman, mother, wife, and follower of Christ. 




"Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all." Proverbs 31:29



No comments:

Post a Comment