Friday, April 11, 2014

Ribbons and Tags

Does anyone else's baby LOVE ribbons and tags?? My boys play with them all the time, so I looked on Amazon.com to find a blanket with ribbons all over it. Twenty-eight dollars??? Thanks, but, I think I'll make my own:) I made this one for less than $10. Here's how:

You need:
Needle
Thread
Scissors
Pins
Ribbon 
Minky fabric
Flannel fabric

1. Cut the minky and flannel fabrics into 14x14 inch pieces. 



2. Pin ribbons onto the colorful side of the flannel fabric, with the loops pointing toward the center of the blanket.



3. Place the minky fabric on top of the flannel with the smooth surface facing the colorful surface of the flannel.



4. Sew the two pieces together along the perimeter, leaving a 4 inch gap.

5. Turn the blanket right-side-out. 

6. Stitch up the 4 inch gap.

7. Done! 


1 comment:

  1. Cute Joelle! I think one of mine or someone's baby used to suck on those ribbons. :) Neat idea.

    ReplyDelete