Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bedrest

The buns are still cooking in this oven...on HI. Unfortunately for Samuel, I am freezing him out of house and home with the air conditioning. I just get so hot!

I went to my check-up yesterday and everything looks good. My contractions are back to normal (instead of every 5-7 minutes apart when resting.) I had been put on a tocolytic (medication to stop contractions) which made me feel dizzy and like my heart was racing and now am completely off of it. I thought the doctor may take me off bedrest since I had been doing so well, but it's a good thing she didn't. Last night I was up and walking around in the house a bit more than I should have been and the contractions started back up again. They were five minutes apart for over an hour before they finally calmed down. So on the couch I stay, despite my desire to deep clean everything in the house.

A week ago, I was in the hospital with contractions every five minutes despite two different medications the doctors were giving me. They were considering starting me on a high-risk drug called magnesium-sulfate which the nurse explained to me is "influenza in a bag." And the possibility of me going to UVA if they couldn't get the contractions under control was brought up.

Samuel and I prayed that if I didn't need the mag sulfate that God would guide us and the doctors to make that decision. At 8pm when the night doctor came into my room, she asked me if I had gotten much sleep in the past few days. I explained to her that I hadn't slept well for nearly a week. She then proceeded to change up all of the plans that we had been moving towards. That night she took me off all the monitors that showed when I was contracting, and she asked the nurses to not enter my room more than twice the entire night unless I needed something. She wanted me to sleep. By the next afternoon, I had slept a good eight hours, and my contractions had completely calmed down. I was discharged home at 2pm!

Samuel and I have seen God's goodness in so many ways since the day we found out we were expecting twins. These boys are a constant reminder of God's love and sustaining hand.  We are so grateful to him for these boys and that they are staying put for now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment