Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bringing in the New...

A new city....a new house... a new job... and a new year. 

A year ago I walked into the kitchen of our house located just outside Charlottesville and told Samuel that I was pregnant. We had just moved from Montana the month before and I had been working in my new nursing position at UVA for about three weeks.  Today I am sitting in our rental house just outside of Richmond. I just fed our twin boys and Samuel has just left for work. My job is no longer a Pediatric nurse for the time being...but a mother. A LOT has changed in just a year


Me and Samuel a year ago, New Year's Eve 2012

Samuel and I feel that last year brought in so many blessings to the both of us. We met amazing people in Charlottesville, and I got to work as a Pediatric Nurse again. Our twins came at full-term and there were no complications with either of them. I only had the option to go back to work in a full-time position or not at all, which made Samuel and I look for work elsewhere. God has blessed Samuel with a wonderful job here, which allows me to be home six days out of the week with the boys. 

In Washington DC, June 2013


The list of blessings in our lives can go on and on. In fact, my aunt and uncle told us how every year they sit down and write down all the things that God has done in their lives that year, and then they read through all the blessings previously written from former years.  We have started doing the same. 

I am not writing all this to brag, but to voice my gratitude for all God has done for us. There is so much to be thankful for...I have to remember to not let the little things that go wrong in the day silence my gratitude.

I'm not sure what they were looking at...

Montana and Virginia shirts made by Cousin Naomi



No comments:

Post a Comment